Saturday, December 4, 2010

First Few Crafts

I clearly cannot take credit for these crafts. Some blogs have inspired me and I have taken a few tips and ideas to get started. I'm totally thrilled about the stocking holders I have made. No longer will I use tacks to place them in the mantel. Yikes...I know. Crap I've Made has provided me with this idea. Thank you! I used a 2x4, measured it out and cut 8- 6inch blocks. I then measured out scrapbook paper and cut and Mod Podged it on. The letters I printed out on my computer and cut them out. I hope to one day have a Cricut. I then screwed the blocks together and placed hooks in the front. They turned out adorable. Although I cannot hang them full, they look adorable until Santa arrives.
Steven (dad)

Bryce

Jake

Erin (mom)


I also decorated this wreath I have been hanging on the front door for the past few year. Before I decorated it, it was basic and boring. I am embarrassed to say that I had hung a smushed up red ribbon on the front of it last year, being too lazy and pregnant to make it look cute. I added everything you see. I bought a wooden letter C and painted that red and added white polka dots. I then hot glued everything else you see. I have had so many compliments!

                            *erin*

1 comment: